- They tested various materials around the house to see if they were magnetic.
- They compared different magnets to see which one was the strongest.
- They explored the effects of rubbing a magnet on an iron nail...apparently being magnetic is contagious!
- They observed how magnets influence the pointer on a compass.
- They mapped out magnetic fields by observing the behavior of iron filings in a plastic container placed next to a magnet.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Physics: Magnetic Muscle
This week the kids did several mini-experiments on magnetism.