Friday, November 8, 2013

Measuring the Volume of Stuff That's Shaped Kinda Weird

We learned a new use for graduated cylinders. Turns out they're not just good for measuring the volume of liquids, but used cleverly can help us measure the volume of objects that are shaped kinda weird. When it comes to simple shapes, like a block, you can use a ruler to measure the different dimensions, but with something like a screw or a paper clip, how do you figure out EXACTLY how much space it takes up? Here's a clue: What happens to the water level when you get into the bath and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment